<--DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Rising Like A Trout: 30 minutes of hugging

Friday, May 21, 2004

30 minutes of hugging

Finally saw Return of the King last night with my son. After the movie, I asked him what he thought of it and he said, ���The battle scenes were really cool, but the last 30 minutes were a bunch of hugging.��� I haven���t read a better review of the movie than that.

Job situation:
I���m spending this week pimping up my portfolio to look like I actually know what I���m doing. I���m utilizing the following techniques:

路 All Table of Contents and Indexes will be clickable (not to mention huggable).

路 Schematics and other graphics will be in full color and animated by the folks at ILM. Interviewer(s) will be given 3-D glasses at start of interview to enhance the interviewing experience.

路 Typographic conventions will be consistent across all documents.

路 PDF files will be configured to moan lustfully at interviewer (when the correct region is clicked, of course).

路 Liberal use of the word ���iteration��� to ratchet up the illusion that I am technically savvy.

路 Blowjobs are on the table.

路 Chapter headings will be multicolored and blinking.

路 The interview will be concluded only after 30 minutes of hugging.