<--DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Rising Like A Trout: Damn right! It's better than yours.

Friday, May 21, 2004

Damn right! It's better than yours.

Grocery store cashiers have probably the most locally visible job, so that when one is spotted doing something other than ringing up your cough syrup, you get that sudden rush of recognizing someone you have admired from afar. They are local celebrities. This could very well be a condition specific to me, but I just had to get it out there. These pressing issues need to be discussed!

Let's see, what else. That song! Man, I can't get it out of my head. You know the one I'm referring to, right? Come on, let's sing it together, don't matter if you're a boy or a girl, black or white, Protestant or Catholic, let me here you sing it:

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard,
They're like, it's better than yours.
Damn right! It's better than yours.
I could teach you, but I'd have to charge.

Christ, that is some catchy shit.

Staying in with the family tonight for New Year's Eve. We got sparkling cider for the kids while E and I will be sippin' on some Cris. (read: cheap stuff from Trader Joe's). Haven't gone out for New Year's since the Millennium when the world damn near came crashing down. No, not the Y2K bug, I'm talking about MY world. I may or may not go into that whole time of my life in the future. I did some pretty good writing during that period, reinforcing the concept that turmoil is good for art, but I am just beginning to get over it and don't want to dredge it up just yet.

Here's to a more financially stable '04.