<--DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Rising Like A Trout: Wherein the "holidays" can lick my ass...

Friday, May 21, 2004

Wherein the "holidays" can lick my ass...

The holidays suck ass. We���re spending over 500 bucks on presents when we most likely will not have enough money for next month���s mortgage payment. What the fuck is that about!? Is that what the holidays represent, stretching your financial limits to the absolute breaking point? I don���t mind buying gifts for the kids, I would buy them Christmas gifts before I���d pay for almost anything. But everybody else? I���m sorry, but there are some years when they aren���t going to get anything from us aside from a card. And there���s nothing wrong with that, really, but I still feel compelled to run out and buy shit like a good American because to not do so would be an admittance of failure in a way. I just can���t bring myself to show up at my parents��� house with no gifts, because I know we are going to get assloads of crap from them and everyone else in the family. Again, what is that about? My parents make a lot of money, always have, and Christmas has always been over the top, on my dad���s side. Back in the day, when my grandmother was still alive, it would take the family (about 12 of us) 4 HOURS to open presents. We���d have fucking intermission about half way in. We were TIRED from opening presents! It was ridiculous and I ALWAYS felt sick to my stomach for it. I know, poor me, typical spoiled brat, if I had grown up on welfare, I���d be singing a different tune, blah blah. Well, perhaps, but gratuitous consumption makes me ill.

So anyway, this is probably all about me not making shit for money at my ass-licking job. It���s about me crumbling under the pressure of providing for a family of 5. It���s about me dreading calls from my wife while I���m at work because I know it���s going to be about all the crap we need to take care of just to make it to the next day with a roof over our heads. It���s about me savoring the 20 minutes after the kids have gone to bed and my wife has fallen asleep on the couch and I am alone for the first and last time that day, thinking about how much I love my family but how fucking hard it is to keep it all together.

Oh yeah, blog title of the day...Championship of Sexy or whatever.