<--DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Rising Like A Trout: On parents who blog

Friday, May 21, 2004

On parents who blog

Hey, remember way back in my first post when I pondered whether there were other parents out in Blogstown, USA? Oh, those were the days, weren't they? Anyway, I found one and have been wasting time at work reading her tales of parenting and coolness and the usually atagonistic relationship between the two. Do I relate? Yes, very. Should you go immediately to her site? Absolutely. Does it count as "work-related"? That depends on how you spin it, friends, now get to work!

Today's blog title: Holy Spirit Mobile Forces

Update: I've decided I'm going to kick it, Lincoln, CA style, and there's no use in trying to stop me. This is where I live, we bought a house in a town located 10 miles past Bumfuck, Egypt and it's time to accept it. Granted, I am a 35 year old father of 3 with a penchant for punk rock and jazz who has been known to don a dress when either under the influence of various substances and/or when feeling under the weather (I don't know what it is about the flu that brings out my skirt-wearing tendencies). Yes, I have moved my family from the Bay Area, world capital of liberalism and weirdo antics, to Lincoln, CA, world capital of, I don't know, flat spaces waiting to be transformed into strip malls or something. OK, our neighbors all own combinations of big-ass trucks, ATV's and fishing boats while we tool around in our sensible Saturn station wagon. Holy crap, the American flag display around here is staggering, and the support for Bush AND Shwarzeneggar hovers between overwhelming and UNANIMOUS. I know, we stand out like sore, bleeding-heart, puppy-kissing, tree-hugging, faggoty thumbs.

But...

Despite all of this, this blog will henceforth embrace all that is Lincoln, CA. It will extoll the virtues of the mullet, which, despite the ironic qualities of this haircut having already been mined and exhausted, is still alive and well here.
I don't know, maybe we'll just move back.