<--DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Rising Like A Trout: We have it on good intelligence...

Friday, May 21, 2004

We have it on good intelligence...

Have you ever engaged in a pre-emptive fashion strike? Or even more obsessively catalogued, a ���pre-emptive, pre-ironic fashion strike���? That is, you can see a fashion trend coming down the pike and/or that fad from 7 years ago is just about to blossom into blissful ironic ripeness, so you take a chance and start sporting the gear before the tides have come in.

I have done this.

And I am male.

A male who is not gay.

But one who is comfortable enough with himself to admit that in high school (we���re talkin��� old school, 1983 style), I would wear moth-eaten V-neck sweaters in July because I fuckin��� KNEW they would be cool come November.

And I was right.

Unlike our President.